Friday 1 April 2011

New York Dolls - Dancing Backward in High Heels.


I'm always a little dubious when a band reforms after a long break as it can sometimes just mean they want to make some cash and run the nostalgia circuit; Sex Pistols anyone? I'm not against that per se but I prefer it when a band reforms and continues to releases records, so the Dolls reforming was an "oh shit" moment as it could've been a disaster. Gladly, if you bought Coz I sez So, you'll know it wasn't as it's a bloody good record.

They just played my home town recently and I neglected to go, a move I might well regret, but thanks to a guy at work, hi John, I've now heard their latest album - Dancing backward in high heels. This wasn't as instant as the previous one, but it's still a good record and definitely worth investing a few quid in.

Here's a track from their previous album: -

2 comments:

  1. I am warming up to this one versus the last one. The title track is got those trademark guitar sounds that I love. I actually might really start to like this after a few more listens. I have heard worse.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a slow grower on me as well. It's still not as good as CoZ I Sez So though. I'm told the songs are much better live.

    ReplyDelete